Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lyon


Click here to see the entire set! Originally uploaded by The Mighty Steph

Photos of the fabulous recent trip to Lyon are now on me Flickr account. Sorry I didn't take any photos of the beautiful old town, I must have been enjoying taking it in too much!!!

Lyon is the 2nd largest city in France after Paris, widely known as the gastronomic capital of the country, split in 3 by the rivers Rhone and Saone. It's a gorgeous city, particularly the old town which dates back to Roman times. Highlights included the crazy tram ride to the cathedral on the hilltop of Vieux Lyon, going to the opening night performance of the new concert season at the Opera House and sipping wine on the riverbank (seen above) in the warm evening peace. The day trip to Annecy was also spectacular, cruising around on the lake where the water was so crystal clear I almost wanted to jump overboard and stay all day long.

Highly recommended for a visit, I may even set some roots down there before my time is up.

No comments: